The Short Bio:
Debbie Reber is a New York Times bestselling author and the founder of TiLT Parenting, a website, top podcast, and social media community for parents who are raising differently wired children. Her newest book, Differently Wired: Raising an Exceptional Child in a Conventional World, came out in June 2018. She currently lives with her son and husband in the Netherlands.
The Long Bio:
Deborah Reber is a parenting activist, New York Times bestselling author, podcast host, and speaker who moved her career in a more personal direction in 2016 when she founded TiLT Parenting, a website, weekly podcast, and social media community for parents like her who are raising differently wired children. The TiLT Parenting Podcast has grown to be a top podcast in iTunes’ Kids and Family category, with more than 600,000 downloads and a slate of guests that includes high-profile thought leaders across the parenting and education space. A regularly contributor to Psychology Today and ADDitude Magazine, Debbie’s newest book is Differently Wired: Raising an Exceptional Child in a Conventional World (Workman Publishing, 2018).
Prior to launching TiLT, Debbie spent more than fifteen years writing inspiring books for women and teens. In doing so, she built a successful brand as a teen authority, was frequently interviewed and spoke about issues like media literacy, self-esteem, and confidence, and consulted for clients including the Girl Scouts, the Disney Channel, McGraw Hill, and Kaplan.
Debbie is no stranger to writing and publishing books. Since 1999, she’s authored many books, including Doable: The Girls’ Guide to Accomplishing Just About Anything, Language of Love, Chill: Stress-Reducing Techniques for a More Balanced, Peaceful You, In Their Shoes: Extraordinary Women Describe Their Amazing Careers, and more than a dozen preschool books based on the series Blue’s Clues. In 2008, she had the privilege of creating and editing the first-ever series of teen-authored memoirs, Louder Than Words.
Before embarking on her own path as a solopreneur, Debbie worked in TV and video production, producing documentaries and PSAs for CARE and UNICEF, working on Blue’s Clues for Nickelodeon in New York, and developing original series for Cartoon Network in Los Angeles. She has an MA in Media Studies from the New School for Social Research and a BA in Communications from Pennsylvania State University.
In 2013, Debbie moved from Seattle to Amsterdam, where she currently lives with her husband Derin, homeschools her 13-year-old son Asher, and serves as lap-of-choice for her mischievous cat, Alex. She is an avid runner, traveler, and hiker, and claims reality shows and Twizzlers as her guiltiest of pleasures.
FAST FACTS ABOUT DEBBIE
- Author of more than 18 published books
- Regular contributor to Psychology Today and ADDitude Magazine
- Author of two books on the New York Times Bestseller’s List for Children’s Books
- Founder of TiLT Parenting and host of the TiLT Parenting Podcast (more than 600,000 episodes)
- Featured as a source of inspiration in Fast Company’s article “Six Degrees of Inspiration“ (2011)
- Chill: Stress Reducing Techniques for a More Balanced, Peaceful You named a Quick Pick for the Reluctant Reader by the American Library Association
- In Their Shoes: Extraordinary Women Describe Their Amazing Careers was included in the New York Public Library’s Books for the Teen Age, as well as the Amelia Bloomer Project’s List of Recommended Feminist Books for Young Readers
- Creator and editor of the teen memoir series Louder Than Words
- Martha Beck Certified Life Coach
- Champion for Dove’s Movement for Self-Esteem
- Named as a Top 25 Amazing Women of the Year by Stiletto Woman Magazine (2010)
- Founding editor-in-chief of online destination Heart of Gold Girls (now Like a Boss Girls)
- Graduate of The New School for Social Research (MA) and Pennsylvania State University (BA)