The Short Bio:
Debbie Reber is a parenting activist, bestselling author, keynote speaker, and the founder and CEO of Tilt Parenting, a top podcast, community, and educational resource for parents raising differently wired children. Her most recent book is Differently Wired: A Parent’s Guide to Raising an Atypical Child with Confidence and Hope. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY with her husband and 17-year-old child.
The Long Bio:
Debbie Reber, MA, is a parenting activist, bestselling author, podcast host, speaker, and the founder and CEO of TiLT Parenting. The Tilt Parenting Podcast is the top-performing podcast for parents, caregivers, educators and professions raising and supporting neurodivergent children with more than 4 million downloads. A certified Positive Discipline trainer and a regular contributor to Psychology Today and ADDitude Magazine, Debbie’s most recent book is Differently Wired: A Parent’s Guide to Raising an Atypical Child with Confidence and Hope. In November 2018, she spoke at TEDxAmsterdam, delivering a talk entitled Why the Future Will Be Differently Wired. In the summer of 2020, she co-created the Parenting in Place Masterclass series.
Prior to launching Tilt Parenting, Debbie spent more than fifteen years writing inspiring books for women and teens. In doing so, she built a successful brand as a teen authority, was frequently interviewed and spoke about issues like media literacy, self-esteem, and confidence, and consulted for clients including the Girl Scouts, the Disney Channel, McGraw Hill, and Kaplan.
Since 1999, Debbie has authored many books, including Doable: The Girls’ Guide to Accomplishing Just About Anything, Language of Love, Chill: Stress-Reducing Techniques for a More Balanced, Peaceful You, In Their Shoes: Extraordinary Women Describe Their Amazing Careers, and more than a dozen preschool books based on the series Blue’s Clues. In 2008, she had the privilege of creating and editing the first-ever series of teen-authored memoirs, Louder Than Words.
Before embarking on her own path as a solopreneur, Debbie worked in TV and video production, producing documentaries and PSAs for CARE and UNICEF, working on Blue’s Clues for Nickelodeon in New York, and developing original series for Cartoon Network in Los Angeles. She has an MA in Media Studies from the New School for Social Research and a BA in Communications from Pennsylvania State University.
In 2019, her husband, and 17-year-old twice-exceptional child relocated to Brooklyn, NY after living in Amsterdam, the Netherlands for five years. Debbie is an avid runner, traveler, and hiker, and claims reality shows as her guiltiest of pleasures.
FAST FACTS ABOUT DEBBIE
- Author of more than 18 published books
- TEDxAmsterdam and TEDxPSU speaker
- Regular contributor to Psychology Today and ADDitude Magazine
- Author of two books on the New York Times Bestseller’s List for Children’s Books
- Founder of TiLT Parenting and host of the TiLT Parenting Podcast (more than 2 million downloads)
- Certified Positive Discipline Trainer
- Featured as a source of inspiration in Fast Company’s article “Six Degrees of Inspiration“ (2011)
- Chill: Stress Reducing Techniques for a More Balanced, Peaceful You named a Quick Pick for the Reluctant Reader by the American Library Association
- In Their Shoes: Extraordinary Women Describe Their Amazing Careers was included in the New York Public Library’s Books for the Teen Age, as well as the Amelia Bloomer Project’s List of Recommended Feminist Books for Young Readers
- Creator and editor of the teen memoir series Louder Than Words
- Martha Beck Certified Life Coach
- Champion for Dove’s Movement for Self-Esteem
- Named as a Top 25 Amazing Women of the Year by Stiletto Woman Magazine (2010)
- Graduate of The New School for Social Research (MA) and Pennsylvania State University (BA)